Wednesday 9 June 2010

Best Eyeshadow Primers


Now that we're heading into summer, keeping eyeshadow in place all day can be tricky. A lot of people complain that their shadow disappears by lunchtime, particularly in the crease line. In most cases this problem can be resolved by adding an eyeshadow primer before applying any shadow. In addition to holding shadow in place, a good primer will also help the colour stay true all day and bring out the colour pigment.

Here are a few of my favourites..

Urban Decay Primer Potion (purple bottle)

A cult classic. It's completely clear so you can add any colour on top. Ideal for people who like to change their eyeshadow colour on a regular basis. A variant of this primer has now launched, named 'sin' (gold bottle). Although I haven't tried this yet I'm sure it will also be great and ideal good for those who like to wear gold toned colours. £11.50 (Boots)

MAC Paint in 'stilife'

This is my 'go to' primer when I'm using warm toned colours. It's a light champagne shade which adds a gorgeous shimmery champagne sheen to the eye. It's very pretty to use on it's own but comes into it's own when shadow is applied on top. £13

MAC Paint Pot in 'painterly'

When I'm looking to create a sophisticated matte eye, this is the primer I use. Goes on super smooth and is a perfect base to most matte colours. £13

No comments:

Post a Comment